Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have tried to force their way into parts of Damaturu the Yobe State capital.
According to an eyewitness, the insurgents stormed the town, along Gashua road near the Police Force Headquarters around 5:30 pm on Sunday, Channels Television reports.
The Assistant Director of Army Pubic Relations Sector 2, Operation Lafiya Dole, Captain Njoka Irabor, also confirmed the attack to Channels Television.
He, however, noted that the security operatives are on top of the situation and that the insurgents have withdrawn from the Gashua road where they were first sighted.
Meanwhile, explosions are still being heard at intervals of about five minutes around other parts of the city.
All activities have been shut down, residents are indoors and only movement of heavy security vehicles can be heard.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan