Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have tried to force their way into parts of Damaturu the Yobe State capital.
According to an eyewitness, the insurgents stormed the town, along Gashua road near the Police Force Headquarters around 5:30 pm on Sunday, Channels Television reports.
The Assistant Director of Army Pubic Relations Sector 2, Operation Lafiya Dole, Captain Njoka Irabor, also confirmed the attack to Channels Television.
He, however, noted that the security operatives are on top of the situation and that the insurgents have withdrawn from the Gashua road where they were first sighted.
Meanwhile, explosions are still being heard at intervals of about five minutes around other parts of the city.
All activities have been shut down, residents are indoors and only movement of heavy security vehicles can be heard.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries