Estimated Reading Time: <1
Lampard’s Chelsea beat Mourinho’s Tottenham 2-0 amid crowd racism
Meanwhile, spurs fans warned over ‘racist behaviour’. The PA system was forced to issue three calls to stop offensive behaviour
The Premier League has been shaken by yet another episode of alleged racism, this time involving supporters at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Chelsea were leading 2-0 away to Tottenham on Sunday when defender Antonio Rudiger appeared to point out the treatment he was receiving from the stands.
While it was not clear exactly what was said, by the player’s gesturing he appeared to signal that he had been subjected to “monkey” chants from home fans.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech