Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edo State government says the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, did not only pick the governor, the deputy governor and the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), he compiled the list of the state’s commissioners in his living room in 2016.
The state government was reacting to a television interview granted by Oshiomhole at the weekend, where the APC Chairman claimed that he begged to have just one commissioner in his successor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki’s government, as against the allegation that he was playing the role of a godfather in the state.
“We are once again forced to call the attention of members of the public to Comrade Oshiomhole’s position on issues that are public knowledge,” a statement by Mr. Crusoe Osagie, Special Adviser to Governor Godwin Obaseki, said yesterday.
“If indeed Oshiomhole appointed only Mika Amanokha to Governor Obaseki’s cabinet, why then did the former governor scream to the high heavens and embark on vitriolic media attacks against Obaseki when the governor reshuffled his cabinet, taking out some persons who were alleged to be sabotaging the administration?. In fact, Comrade Oshiomhole compiled the list of those to be appointed commissioners in Edo in his sitting room in 2016, aside picking the governor, his deputy and the SSG.”
The statement called on the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the APC to do the needful and rescue the party from imminent implosion by setting Oshiomhole aside as National Chairman.
It added, “Apart from no longer having the support of his people, having been suspended from the party at the ward, local council and state levels, Comrade Oshiomhole also lacks the moral rectitude to continue to function in the office of the National Chairman of the APC. The earlier this is done, the better for the party and Nigerians.”
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State