Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia, has stated that he has been wrongly accused, banned and fined by FIFA for an offence he never committed, Sports Extra reports.
Siasia was fined $50,000 and banned for life by FIFA for allegedly agreeing to ‘the manipulation of matches’ for betting purposes.
In a media statement made available to Sports Extra on Monday, the 54-year-old lamented how his effort to clear his name from the embarrassing claims has been frustrated by FIFA.
He also revealed that FIFA has so far not presented proof to back their claims that he indulged in the allegations levelled against him.
“At this appeal, because I know that I am very innocent of the charges and I never participated in any of the previous proceedings simply because I was unaware, I was so confident I had a strong case and instructed my legal representatives in this matter,” Siasia stated in the statement made available to Sports Extra.
“My lawyers have informed me that CAS made a decision which favours FIFA and prejudices me to strike out my claim for compensation and have thus reinstated it.
“I am saying I was wrongly banned for life, and because FIFA informed the whole world of my alleged commission of the offences of match fixing and bribery I feel I am entitled to claim for compensation for this terrible slaw and aspersion that they cast against my character globally.
“I want the world to know that rather than correct itself now that FIFA knows of the strength of my appeal and the evidence given thus far to prove that I could not have committed the alleged offences of match fixing and bribery, FIFA continues to spread false allegations that I was involved with the match fixer without any shred of evidence and has continued to do so because it knows there is no compensation claim.”
“I do not want to interfere with my lawyers professional course of duty, but my family and I are pained that the Nigeria Football Federation and other agencies of Government are yet (in spite of promises) to lift a finger in my support.
“No overtures have been made to my lawyer and I with support, financially and otherwise officially, all I have heard from Mr Pinnick through my wife is that they will be supportive, it’s a mantra I have been hearing since August when this matter happened up till date.”
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo