Estimated Reading Time: <1
Managing Director of leading shipping company, Maersk Nigeria Limited, Gildas Tohouo Tohouo and his wife were last night, attacked by assailants suspected to be domestic servants at the Maersk compound, Lugard Avenue, Bourdillon, Ikoyi Lagos.
Mr Tohouo was stabbed severally and is now in critical condition, while his wife was forced to drink acid which led to her untimely death.
Spokesperson of the Lagos State police command, DSP Bala Elkana who confirmed the attack to Business Hallmark, said the two suspects have been arrested while investigations are still ongoing.
Elkana said the suspects are his domestic servant and a friend he brought to assist him in carrying out the act.
“We have the two suspects in custody, it’s a domestic incident. One of the perpetrators is his domestic servant, the other is his friend who is an electrician,” Elkana said.
“We have gotten the knife they used to perpetrate the act and recovered the items they stole.”
Asked about the identity of the suspects, Elkana said he was still preparing his official statement on the incident and would disclose all the details in the statement.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo