Estimated Reading Time: <1
Managing Director of leading shipping company, Maersk Nigeria Limited, Gildas Tohouo Tohouo and his wife were last night, attacked by assailants suspected to be domestic servants at the Maersk compound, Lugard Avenue, Bourdillon, Ikoyi Lagos.
Mr Tohouo was stabbed severally and is now in critical condition, while his wife was forced to drink acid which led to her untimely death.
Spokesperson of the Lagos State police command, DSP Bala Elkana who confirmed the attack to Business Hallmark, said the two suspects have been arrested while investigations are still ongoing.
Elkana said the suspects are his domestic servant and a friend he brought to assist him in carrying out the act.
“We have the two suspects in custody, it’s a domestic incident. One of the perpetrators is his domestic servant, the other is his friend who is an electrician,” Elkana said.
“We have gotten the knife they used to perpetrate the act and recovered the items they stole.”
Asked about the identity of the suspects, Elkana said he was still preparing his official statement on the incident and would disclose all the details in the statement.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children