Estimated Reading Time: <1
A former national light-heavyweight boxing champion, Isaac Ikhouria, has congratulated the Nigerian born British boxer, Anthony Joshua for defeating Mexican boxer, Andy Ruiz to reclaim his world heavyweight titles.
Ikhouria disclosed this while speaking to newsmen on Sunday in Benin.
“Nobody had expected Joshua loosing to him back then in June, I’m happy he has gotten back his titles, he has learnt a lesson from this competition, from all the details we heard before the fight.
“He trained so hard, he worked on himself by trimming down in size, lost some weight, it helped him to move faster.
“I’m particularly happy and proud of him that he has regain back his titles.
“There is no other option to hard work and discipline. If you are discipline and you listen to what your coaches are telling you, you will not fail,” he said.
The ex-international tasked up coming athletes on hard work and discipline, saying that they should watch the type of food they eat so they can remain fit at all times.
Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has thumbed up for World Heavyweight Boxing Champion, Anthony Joshua, for regaining his belts on Saturday night in a rematch with Mexican, Andy Ruiz Jnr. The President, in a congratulatory message by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina in Abuja on Sunday, rejoiced with Joshua, saluting him for bringing joy to millions of Nigerians at home and in the Diaspora.
He noted that Joshua’s supporters across the world had rooted for him to regain the titles he lost about six months ago. “The downfall of a man is truly not the end of his life. There’s always another, and better day. This is a lesson we must all learn from you as a country,” Buhari told the comeback world champion. He wished Anthony Joshua well ”as he seeks to bring more glory to Nigeria, and to the boxing profession”.
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail