Estimated Reading Time: <1
The House of Representatives on Thursday passed the 2020 budget. The Lawmakers had on Wednesday received the final report of the budget from the Appropriation Committee.
The aggregate of the newly passed budget was upped to ?10.6 trillion, from the ?10.3 trillion presented to the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari on October 8.
The National Assembly also had a jerk in its budget to ?128 billion from the proposition of ?125 billion by the president.
Of the this new total, ?560 billion was earmarked for statutory transfers, a special category of fund which the federal government is mandated to release after receiving revenues, before other considerations. The National Assembly, INEC, National Human Rights Commission, and Basic Health Care Fund fall in this category. Others are NJC, NDDC, NEDC, UBEC, and the Public Complaints Commission.
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge