Estimated Reading Time: <1
The governor of Kaduna State, Malam, Nasir el Rufai, has signed the state’s 2020 budget of N259.25 billion into law.
During the event at Kashim Ibrahim House according to the series of tweets by the state government handle, El-Rufai said N184.1bn (71%) was earmarked for capital expenditure while N75.14 billion is for recurrent expenditure.
Capital expenditure on education and health constitute N75.44bn of the entire N184.1bn capital budget, while capital spending on infrastructure and housing will take N68.5bn
“Reinforcing the government’s governance agenda to build human capital and promote equal opportunity”, the governor said while describing the budget.
He said his administration has successfully aligned the fiscal and calendar years in the state for five consecutive years.
Hadiza Balarabe, deputy governor of the state, had submitted the draft budget of N257.9 billion to the state assembly on October 15 but it was later increased to N259.25 billion.
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north