Estimated Reading Time: <1
Border communities in Ogun State have begged President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately open the land borders to alleviate the suffering of Nigeria masses.
Addressing newsmen alongside eight Monarchs from different border communities, Emeritus Professor of History, Anthony Asiwaju argued that it was regrettable that the government was over blowing gains allegedly accruing from the closure while ignoring the dire plights of the entire Nigerian border communities.
According to him, curbing smuggling goes beyond border closure as it requires well thought out policy and not “such simplistic approach”.
He hinted on various hardships the people had being through since the closure of the land borders.
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs