Estimated Reading Time: <1
Border communities in Ogun State have begged President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately open the land borders to alleviate the suffering of Nigeria masses.
Addressing newsmen alongside eight Monarchs from different border communities, Emeritus Professor of History, Anthony Asiwaju argued that it was regrettable that the government was over blowing gains allegedly accruing from the closure while ignoring the dire plights of the entire Nigerian border communities.
According to him, curbing smuggling goes beyond border closure as it requires well thought out policy and not “such simplistic approach”.
He hinted on various hardships the people had being through since the closure of the land borders.
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account