Estimated Reading Time: <1
The management of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has expressed regret over the failure of the locomotive on the last train of Abuja-Kaduna train service on Tuesday, at the outer home signal of Rigassa Station, Kaduna.
The NRC stated this in a statement issued by its Deputy Director, Public Relations, Mr Yakub Mahmood, on Thursday in Lagos, apologised to the affected passengers over the incident.
“The management of the NRC expresses regret over the failure of the locomotive on the last train of Abuja-Kaduna train service of Nov. 26, at the outer home signal of Rigassa Station, Kaduna.
“NRC hereby apologises for all the inconveniences the incident might have caused all our esteemed passengers on board,” the statement said.
The corporation added that that uninterrupted train services between Abuja-Kaduna had since resumed.
Passengers were left stranded following the breakdown of the train that left many trekking in the notorious bushes known for kidnappings and deadly bandits.
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara