Estimated Reading Time: <1
Middle aged mother, Mrs. Rukayat Abdulrahmon, has allegedly killed her three-year old son in Osogbo, Osun State.
The woman reportedly confessed to throwing their only child, Ganiyu, into the well at their residence at Olorunosebi community, Kola Balogun area of Osogbo, on Sunday, November 17.
She said she killed the boy to punish her husband, Raheem, who is seeking a divorce from the court. The woman, who is in her third marriage, was said not to be enjoying a peaceful relationship.
It was gathered that a Sharia Court approached by the husband has given the embattled couple three months to go and resolve their differences before it finally grants the husband’s prayer for separation.
It was gathered that the woman killed the boy five days to the expiration of the 90 days given by the court.
It was gathered that the residents of the community woke up to the cries of the couple, searching for the deceased, whom they claimed slept in the same room with them.
It was also gathered that their neighbours joined in the search for the boy in the neighbourhood but their effort was futile after searching different houses in the area.
But when a lady, their co-tenant discovered the body of the boy when she wanted to fetch water for laundry.
Meanwhile, the police have arrested the parents as the prime suspects and later other tenants in the building.
After scrutiny, the mother of the boy allegedly confessed to the crime, saying she killed the boy to punish her husband and ensure that he does not gain anything out of the union.
When contacted, the 2 I/C police Public Relations Officer of Osun Police Command, Mustapha Ketayeyanjue, who confirmed the incident, said the woman had is cooperating with the police.
- Edo election marred by votes buying – Observer group, CDD alleges #EdoDecides2020
- “The people of Edo state have spoken loud and clear” – PDP alleges plot by APC to replace election results in Edo North #EdoDecides2020
- “People of Edo, you’ve done well” – Peter Obi tells Edo Voters to remain vigilant #EdoDecides2020
- President Buhari sympathises with Ebonyi State following Akaeze-Ukwu River tragedy
- “We must not lose our guards” – Atiku Abubakar tells Edo voters #EdoDecides2020
- Bukola Saraki, former senate president, has asked voters in Edo state to protect their votes
- APC candidate Ize-Iyamu wins polling unit #EdoDecides2020
- Governor Godwin Obaseki wins polling unit, defeated APC in Oyegun’s polling unit
- Ibadan polytechnic fires lecturer – here’s why
- “Godwin Obaseki, led thugs pretending to be his supporters” – APC says the PDP instigating violence #EdoDecides2020