Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Enugu state police command says a student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), on Saturday, drank a substance believed to be ‘sniper’ insecticide in a bid to take her life.
Ebere Amaraizu, the command’s public relations officer (PRO), disclosed this in a statement made available to NAN in Enugu on Sunday.
According to him, the student was, however, responding to treatment.
Amaraizu said that the attempted suicide happened at 8.00 a.m. on Saturday.
“The victim, Miss Chinwendu Odoh, 24, is from Enugu Ezike in Igbo-Eze North LGA and a 200 level microbiology student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka,” the statement read.
“She allegedly drank a substance believed to be ‘Sniper’ insecticide with a view to taking her life.
“Odoh was, however, promptly rushed to the Royal Cross Hospital, Nsukka, where she is being revived.”
According to the spokesman, a full scale investigation into the incident is being carried out by the police.
“Information from some sympathisers are pointing toward depression over an unresolved issue. The victim is now responding to treatment in the hospital,’’ he said.
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution
- The Economist: Nigeria’s economy is stuck in a rut
- Breaking: Buhari will on Sunday depart Abuja for France
- Turkish President phones Buhari, seeks Nigeria’s support for Palestine
- Nasarawa speaker says ‘no alternative to Governor Sule in 2023’