Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Enugu state police command says a student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), on Saturday, drank a substance believed to be ‘sniper’ insecticide in a bid to take her life.
Ebere Amaraizu, the command’s public relations officer (PRO), disclosed this in a statement made available to NAN in Enugu on Sunday.
According to him, the student was, however, responding to treatment.
Amaraizu said that the attempted suicide happened at 8.00 a.m. on Saturday.
“The victim, Miss Chinwendu Odoh, 24, is from Enugu Ezike in Igbo-Eze North LGA and a 200 level microbiology student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka,” the statement read.
“She allegedly drank a substance believed to be ‘Sniper’ insecticide with a view to taking her life.
“Odoh was, however, promptly rushed to the Royal Cross Hospital, Nsukka, where she is being revived.”
According to the spokesman, a full scale investigation into the incident is being carried out by the police.
“Information from some sympathisers are pointing toward depression over an unresolved issue. The victim is now responding to treatment in the hospital,’’ he said.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party