Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party has announced Senate President Bukola Saraki the head of its presidential campaign efforts.
Mr Saraki’s official position as the director-general of the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign Organisation was disclosed on Tuesday by Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s spokesperson.
The former Vice President, Abubakar was elected the presidential candidate of the main opposition party at its national convention in Port Harcourt earlier this month.
Saraki was amongst the 11 other aspirants who challenged Mr Abubakar for the ticket. All the aspirants have pledged support to Mr Abubakar, after deeming the exercise peaceful and transparent.
The senate president would work with six others who would coordinate the six geopolitical zones, including three other former contenders for the presidential ticket.
The zonal coordinators were announced as follows: Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal (North-west); Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi (South-East); Gombe State Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo (North-east); Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike (South-south); Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom (North-central) and former Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose would lead South-west push.
Kabiru Turaki, a senior lawyer and former minister, would chair legal matters; while Akwa Ibom State Governor Udom Emmanuel would chair fund-raising committee.
Messrs Turaki, Dankwambo and Tambuwal all unsuccessfully vied for the presidential ticket against Mr Atiku.
Other key appointments into the campaign structure would be disclosed soon, Mr Ologbondiyan said.
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away