Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State House of Assembly Monday constituted a seven-man committee to investigate the authenticity of the alleged video clip of Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje receiving bribe from a contractor as published by an online newspaper last week.
The committee was constituted following a motion of urgent public importance filed by the member representing Warawa constituency, Mr. Labaran Abdul Madari, seconded by the member representing Kano municipal constituency, Baffa Babba Danagundi.
According to THISDAY Newspaper, Madari pointed out that the Assembly has the mandate to investigate any matter concerning the state aimed at ensuring peace and harmony in the state.
Speaking during the plenary session, the majority leader, Mr. Baffa Babba Danagundi, advised the executive arm of government to halt the filing of a case before a court of law on the alleged video clip by the online medium.
Baffa said the state Assembly has the constitutional mandate to investigate the issue.
The matter was deliberated upon on the floor of the house presided over by the speaker, Kabiru Alhassan Rurum.
Speaking while ruling on the deliberation, Rurum constituted a seven-man committee to investigate the matter and submit its reports within one month.
The committee is headed by Mr. Baffa Babba Danagundi, the majority leader.
Other members are Labaran Abdul Madari, Zubairu Massu, Garba Yau Gwarmai, Abdulaziz Garba Gafasa and Abubakar Uba Galadaima, while Mr Mujitaba Aminu would serve as the committee’s secretary.
- ‘Gimba Yau Kumo, wanted by the ICPC, is no longer Buhari’s son in-law’ – Presidency says
- #DavidoAt10: ‘Being true hearted goes a long way – Davido says
- Bayelsa government imposes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- ‘We had sex, Ini Umoren attacked me, I killed her in self defense’ – Uduak Akpan claims
- Gbajabiamila did not oppose Southern Governors’ calls for restructuring – Rep
- President Buhari promises to ‘support and help Chad stabilize’
- ‘Stop fortifying criminals’ – Police warn native doctors in Ebonyi
- Buhari meets Chad’s interim President in Abuja
- JAMB may postpone UTME 2021 exams
- Aisha Yesufu vows to disregard NIN-SIM linking exercise in protest