Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has written the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) to demand an urgent placement of Ekiti State governor on criminal watch list.
The anti-graft agency said in the September 12 letter that Ayo Fayose poses a flight risk and may leave the country via land borders, airports or even seaports.
Mr Fayose will complete his second four-year term as Ekiti governor on October 16.
Ibrahim Magu, acting chairman of the EFCC, told the Customs headquarters in Abuja Mr Fayose is under probe for conspiracy, abuse of office, official corruption, theft and money laundering.
The NCS consequently notified all its commands and formations across the country of the request and recommended immediate and strict compliance in a September 14 memo.
Aware of the moves by EFCC, Mr Fayose released a statement Sunday evening, ridiculing the agency as being wayward and reiterating his firm opposition to the Buhari administration.
“EFCC, when a woman is being brought to you as a wife, you don’t have to peep through the window to see her.
“As I said in my letter, Insha Allah, I will be in your office on October 16, a day after the expiration of my tenure.
“EFCC putting my name on watch list after notification of my coming is not only political but petty. I’m not among those who are afraid to face tomorrow. Nobody is God.
“They should expect me on October 16, 2018.
“I will remain in PDP not minding their intimidation,” Mr Fayose said.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu