Estimated Reading Time: <1
There are reports that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has picked the nomination form to return to the House on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Reliable sources at the Secretariat of the PDP confirmed the news to Channels Television.
The news is coming one day after the Speaker announced his intention to seek re-election into the National Assembly, having served for 12 years.
Dogara had told his constituents during a rally at his residence in Abuja on Tuesday that he was encouraged to seek a return to the House by their overwhelming demand, although he did not say under which party he will be running.
The Speaker’s political future has been a subject of speculation following a gale of defections that trailed the ruling party.
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Governors of Benue and Sokoto states, Samuel Ortom and Aminu Tambuwal, as well as some Senators and House of Representatives members, announced their exit from the ruling party within a spate of days.
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari