Estimated Reading Time: <1
The wife and three children of Abdullahi Borea, a commissioner in Zamfara state, have been abducted.
Unknown gunmen broke into their residence in Gurbin Bore village, Zurmi local government area of the state in the early hours of Tuesday.
The commissioner confirmed the attack to reporters, saying three other relatives were abducted alongside his wife and children.
He said the kidnappers have not contacted him to demand ransom.
“They have not yet demanded for any ransom from us. In fact, we have not discussed anything with them, but we have reported the matter to security agencies,” he said.
Zamfara is one of the states with high rate of insecurity.
Suspected bandits and cattle rustlers have carried out different attacks across the state.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo