Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate president, Bukola Saraki has raised alarm over the plot of the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris to implicate him and Kwara state governor, Abdulfatah Ahmad in criminal case involving some cultists case, DailyTrust Newspaper reports.
Saraki who raised the alarm during today’s plenary said the IGP has ordered for the transfer of some cultists arrested in Kwara to Abuja.
He said Kwara state governor told him last night that the IGP ordered for the transfer of the suspects to alter their statement and implicate him.
Debate on the issue is on at the senate.
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality
- #EndSARS Protest: Finding a Pathway to Sustainable Peace and Development
- Supreme Court struck out a suit over disputed Soku oilfield – here’s why
- Breaking: Lagos govt approves reopening of markets across the state
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Does the FCT have a minister?
- Breaking: Long queues of petrol return to filling stations in Abuja
- Breaking: Hoodlums are currently looting the NYSC office in Abuja