Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former national chairman of the opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ali Sheriff, will on Thursday return to the governing All Progressives Congress (APC).
Mr. Sheriff, a former governor of Borno State, was a founding member of the APC before he defected to the PDP and served as a national chairman.
His tenure in the PDP was controversial leading to the factionalisation of the party.
It took a Supreme Court verdict to declare his opponent, former Kaduna Governor, Ahmed Makarfi, as the authentic leader of the PDP.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS