Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Wednesday confirmed that 54 persons were killed by suspected cattle rustlers in Bawar Daji District, Anka Local Government Area of Zamfara state last week Wednesday.
The agency also confirmed that a woman and her child were among those who lost their lives during the attacks.
The agency which disclosed this based on-the-spot assessment conducted by staff recorded 71 persons injured with over 7000 displaced persons.
NEMA said the attacks affected places like Baudi, Tungan Turkish, Doka, Zanoka, Akuzo and Dogon Ruwa.
“About 30 houses and other essential commodities were razed, also 1000 cattle were carted away by men of the underworld,” the agency said.
The head, Nema Sokoto Operations, Suleiman Muhammad, who led other staff of the agency on the assessment said government delegations sent to the area had to suspend their visit due to security challenges.
Displaced persons, mostly women and children, are currently taking refuge in neighbouring Hayin Dan Bawa, Anka and Gusau, capital of Zamfara.
The agency is expected to prepare a comprehensive report to be forwarded to the federal government for necessary action.
- Senate passes bill prescribing life imprisonment for kidnappers – Removes gender restrictions, says man or woman can be raped
- Governor Okowa, wife, daughter test negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption