Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected herdsmen have killed five members of a family at Mbiya village in Takum local government area of Taraba state.
Theophilus Danjuma, former minister of defence who called on Nigerians to defend themselves against killers, is from the village.
The attackers reportedly burnt alive Sunday Sabo, head of the family.
Samson Tinton, a witness, said over 20 suspected herdsmen stormed the village on Wednesday.
David Misal, police public relations officer (PPRO) in the state, confirmed the attack but did not give details.
It is however not clear the actual number of persons said to have been killed but reports say scores are feared dead after the invasion.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?