Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday declared his readiness to offer amnesty to repentant Boko Haram terrorists.
He made this declaration at the Presidential Villa Abuja during an ongoing meeting with the schoolgirls abducted and released by Boko Haram terrorists from Dapchi in Yobe State.
The schoolgirls with their parents had arrived at the state House Abuja at exactly 11:40am and the meeting with the girls started few minutes past 12 noon when the President arrived the Council Chamber.
“While further efforts are being made to secure the release of every abducted citizens in Nigeria, Government is ever ready to accept the unconditional laying down of arms by any member of the Boko Haram group, who show strong commitment in that regard” – Muhammadu Buhari said.
“This country has suffered enough of hostility. Government is therefore appealing to all to embrace peace for the overall development of our people and the country.”
“We are ready to rehabilitate and integrate such repentant members into the larger society.”
The President further stated that “Government would not tolerate any attempt by any person or group to trivialize or politicize security issues for politically motivated ends. Accordingly, security agencies would not hesitate to decisively deal with such unscrupulous characters.”
More details to follow
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown