Estimated Reading Time: <1
Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Senator representing Kano Central has on Monday suspended his planned visit to Kano earlier scheduled for Tomorrow, Tuesday. Kwankwaso said the decision to shelve the visit followed the intervention of some well-meaning Nigerians.
According to him, well-meaning Nigerians had called from home and abroad to give advice that mostly borders on the preservation of lives and property of teeming supporters and admirers.
Addressing journalists in Kano on Monday, Chairman of Kwankwaso visit Reception committee, Engineer Rabi’u Suleiman Bichi announced the suspension of the planned visit.
“This standoff has attracted the attention of well-meaning Nigerians at home and abroad who have called to give advice that mostly borders on the preservation of lives and property of our supporters and admirers.
He said “In view of the above and after lengthy consultations with well-meaning Nigerians, we painfully have decided to shelve the visit at the moment, “he said.
Bichi, therefore, thanked all those leaders who advised and showed concern, supporters and admirers who put in a lot of time, energy and resources to make the visit successful.
“It is important to state that Kwankwaso’s visit will never be a reason to deliberately inconvenience any citizen, small or big let alone spill a drop of blood of any citizen.
“We, therefore, appeal for peace, calm and call on our supporters to disregard any provocative statement,” Bichi said.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists