Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), the foremost northern socio-cultural group, says it is the prerogative of President Muhammadu Buhari to decide on whether or not to re-contest.
ACF said this in response to the opposition of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo to the re-election bid of Buhari.
Obasanjo had advised the president to retire from active civil service, accusing him of failing to live up to expectation.
The elder statesman said Buhari’s government had reached its limit.
But in a statement in Kaduna, ACF said Obasanjo is entitled to his opinion.
“The statement credited to former President Obasanjo that President Buhari should not run in the 2019 election, it is his democratic right to express his view like any other Nigerian on all issues, including democracy,” read the statement signed by Muhammad Biu, national publicity secretary of ACF.
“However, it is President Buhari’s prerogative and that of his party to decide on whether to re-contest or not.”
- Lagos lawmaker says most young Nigerians are high on drugs in reaction to #EndSARS protest
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence