Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Bureau of Statistics on Tuesday released the Consumer Price Index which measures inflation with the rate dropping from 15.9 per cent in November to 15.37 per cent in December.
The drop of 0.53 percent points recorded in December makes it the eleventh consecutive slowdown in the inflation rate.
The report said the Urban inflation rate rose by 15.78 per cent year-on-year in December from 16.27 per cent recorded in November, while the rural inflation rate also eased by 15.02 per cent in December from 15.59 per cent in November.
On a month-on-month basis, the urban index rose by 0.66 per cent in December, down by 0.19 from 0.85 per cent recorded in November, while the rural index rose by 0.54 per cent in December, down by 0.18 when compared with 0.72 percent in November.
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria’s population and demographic dividends
- In Nigeria, Lagos Boys Bleach their lips and dare the consequences
- NNPC Sacks 850 Oil Workers – PENGASSAN
- Kwara Governor invites EFCC to probe Kwara LG funds
- Over 200 Lagos doctors have been infected with COVID-19 – Medical Guild
- Decapitated, dismembered body of Gokada CEO found in NYC apartment
- Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot has died
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test