Estimated Reading Time: <1
Oby Ezekwesili, former minister of education, says her political agenda is to actively “campaign against” the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election.
Ezekwesili made this known through a series of tweets on Wednesday morning.
She promised to actively campaign for the “best candidates” from other parties except the PDP and APC presented new and “suitable candidates”..
“I have a political agenda for 2019 elections,” she tweeted.
“It is that neither APC nor its twin brother (yes, how does 6 differ from half a dozen?) PDP should win the 2019 state and federal legislative and executive elections.
“I am totally committed to this agenda.”
I have a Political Agenda for 2019 Elections.
She wrote, “It is that neither APC nor its twin brother (yes, how does 6 differ from half a dozen?) PDP should win the 2019 State and Federal legislative and executive Elections.
I am totally committed to this Agenda.”.
She explains further, “I tweeted at the end of 2017 that one will commit significant part of my 2018 to building the Political Consciousness of citizens to END the reign of the status quo Decadent Political Class. This for me is the #YearOfTheOfficeOfTheCitizen when all Citizens lift their RED CARD.”
Ezekwesili added that Nigerians were tired of the same cycle of governance which she referred to as “wicked” and “tyrannical”.
“I am committed to this political agenda because we must disrupt and end the political and governance stagnation and retrogression that our cyclical low equilibrium political Russian roulette has cost our country and people,” she tweeted.
“My conviction is that it is time to end the tyranny of rulership of a wicked minority political elite class.”
“My Political Agenda is SIMPLE. – I shall ACTIVELY campaign against APC and PDP in the 2019 Elections EXCEPT in rare cases where they field NEW MINDS with STRONG RECORD of Public Interest. I shall ACTIVELY campaign FOR the BEST CANDIDATES of all OTHER PARTIES in the Elections.”
“My individual effort to CAMPAIGN AGAINST APC and PDP in the 2019 Elections may not amount to much, but it is at least a DEFINITE EXPRESSION of my personal CONVICTION. My CONVICTION is that it is TIME to END the tyranny of rulership of a WICKED minority Political elite class.”
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials
- National Assembly will engage security agencies to prevent killings in Kaduna – Lawan
- Pope Francis appoints the auxiliary bishop of Onitsha Archdiocese, into Pontifical Council
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly