Estimated Reading Time: <1
Oby Ezekwesili, former minister of education, says her political agenda is to actively “campaign against” the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election.
Ezekwesili made this known through a series of tweets on Wednesday morning.
She promised to actively campaign for the “best candidates” from other parties except the PDP and APC presented new and “suitable candidates”..
“I have a political agenda for 2019 elections,” she tweeted.
“It is that neither APC nor its twin brother (yes, how does 6 differ from half a dozen?) PDP should win the 2019 state and federal legislative and executive elections.
“I am totally committed to this agenda.”
I have a Political Agenda for 2019 Elections.
She wrote, “It is that neither APC nor its twin brother (yes, how does 6 differ from half a dozen?) PDP should win the 2019 State and Federal legislative and executive Elections.
I am totally committed to this Agenda.”.
She explains further, “I tweeted at the end of 2017 that one will commit significant part of my 2018 to building the Political Consciousness of citizens to END the reign of the status quo Decadent Political Class. This for me is the #YearOfTheOfficeOfTheCitizen when all Citizens lift their RED CARD.”
Ezekwesili added that Nigerians were tired of the same cycle of governance which she referred to as “wicked” and “tyrannical”.
“I am committed to this political agenda because we must disrupt and end the political and governance stagnation and retrogression that our cyclical low equilibrium political Russian roulette has cost our country and people,” she tweeted.
“My conviction is that it is time to end the tyranny of rulership of a wicked minority political elite class.”
“My Political Agenda is SIMPLE. – I shall ACTIVELY campaign against APC and PDP in the 2019 Elections EXCEPT in rare cases where they field NEW MINDS with STRONG RECORD of Public Interest. I shall ACTIVELY campaign FOR the BEST CANDIDATES of all OTHER PARTIES in the Elections.”
“My individual effort to CAMPAIGN AGAINST APC and PDP in the 2019 Elections may not amount to much, but it is at least a DEFINITE EXPRESSION of my personal CONVICTION. My CONVICTION is that it is TIME to END the tyranny of rulership of a WICKED minority Political elite class.”
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria