Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Government has declared Monday 25, Tuesday 26 December 2017, and Monday, January 1, 2018, as Public Holidays to mark Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year.
The Minister of Interior, Lt. General (Rtd) Abdulrahman Dambazau who made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, enjoined the Christian faithful and all Nigerians to use the period in praying earnestly for the betterment and development of Nigeria.
According to a statement issued on Wednesday by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Abubakar Magaji, the minister also called upon Nigerians to strengthen their resolve to maintain peace and unity in Nigeria.
Dambazau further urged all Nigerians, both at home and abroad, to support the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in its determination in improving the quality of life of Nigerians.
He wished Nigerians a Happy Christmas and New Year celebrations.
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail