Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. ‘Yemi Osinbajo yesterday called on young Nigerians to create a better future for the nation by ignoring those seeking to divide the country through willful ignorance, narrow-mindedness, and tribalism.
Giving his keynote speech at the 12th edition of The Future Awards Africa, Osinbajo pushed for a determined drive among Nigerians, especially active youth seeking to develop the country through unity, strength, and peace.
“We can all agree that nobody should be allowed to steal or waste public resources; that the government should always create circumstances that benefit the happiness and prosperity of the majority; that the rule of law and order should be central; that we must always protect the weak and the vulnerable, and that the life of the Nigerian person is the country’s most precious resource. These are the demands that bind us together,” he said.
He described the new tribe of Nigeria as citizens who recognise that honest labour is dignified, worthy of respect and reward. He also called on Nigerians with love for the country and one another – those who recognise that integrity is a non-negotiable asset.
Themed Nigeria’s New Tribe, 21 winners emerged in various categories at The Future Awards Africa with artiste, Ayo ‘Wizkid’ Balogun taking home the prestigious ‘Young Person of the Year’ award.
Personalities at the event include the Governor of Kaduna, Nasir El-Rufai; Governor of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola; former Central Bank Deputy Governor, Prof. Kingley Moghalu; former Minister of Education, Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili; Mo Abudu; Pastor Ituah Ighodalo and more.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19