Estimated Reading Time: <1
At least three soldiers were killed when Boko Haram invaded 5 brigade garrison military base in Magumeri, Borno state, on Saturday.
Timothy Antigha, deputy director public relations, 8 task force division of the army, disclosed this in a statement released in Maiduguri.
“At about 6.00pm yesterday, 25th November 2017, suspected elements of Boko Haram terrorists attempted to attack Magumeri,” he said.
“As a prelude to the intended attack on the town, the terrorists attempted to dislodge the Forward Operational Base in Magumeri, Borno state.
“However, soldiers of 5 Brigade Garrison located in the town repelled the attack. The troops fought gallantly. Unfortunately, 3 soldiers lost their lives, while 6 others sustained injuries.”
He added that the bodies of the late soldiers had been evacuated, while those wounded were receiving medical attention.
“The 8 Division wishes to assure all residents of Magumeri that everything is being done to ensure their safety and security. To this end, they are to continue pursuing their legitimate activities without any fear,” he said.
NAN had earlier reported that the insurgents were prevented from taking over the town.
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844