Estimated Reading Time: <1
Police operatives have arrested Maryam Sanda for allegedly stabbing Bilyamin Muhammed Bello to death .
DSP Anjuguri Manzah, Police Public Relations Officer, FCT confirmed the incident Monday night.
“The female suspect is in custody, she was arrested on Sunday”, he said.
Asked when she would be charged to court, the spokesman replied, “We will do that after conclusion of investigation”.
Bilyamin is son of a former PDP chairman, Haliru Bello while Maryam is the daughter of embattled former Aso Savings boss, Hajia Maimuna Aliyu.
The deceased, a real estate developer and businessman, was said to have complained several times about his wife’s violent tendency to some family members and friends.
Tragedy struck Saturday night following an allegation of infidelity against her husband.
Maryam reportedly saw text message on the his, a sight that infuriated her.
She then allegedly stabbed her husband 3 times in the back and severally on his private part at their home in Maitama, Abuja.
- Edo election marred by votes buying – Observer group, CDD alleges #EdoDecides2020
- “The people of Edo state have spoken loud and clear” – PDP alleges plot by APC to replace election results in Edo North #EdoDecides2020
- “People of Edo, you’ve done well” – Peter Obi tells Edo Voters to remain vigilant #EdoDecides2020
- President Buhari sympathises with Ebonyi State following Akaeze-Ukwu River tragedy
- “We must not lose our guards” – Atiku Abubakar tells Edo voters #EdoDecides2020
- Bukola Saraki, former senate president, has asked voters in Edo state to protect their votes
- APC candidate Ize-Iyamu wins polling unit #EdoDecides2020
- Governor Godwin Obaseki wins polling unit, defeated APC in Oyegun’s polling unit
- Ibadan polytechnic fires lecturer – here’s why
- “Godwin Obaseki, led thugs pretending to be his supporters” – APC says the PDP instigating violence #EdoDecides2020