Estimated Reading Time: <1
Mrs Omotayo Salawudeen, a 39-year-old housewife based in Osogbo, Osun State told the police and newsmen yesterday that she had sex with Alhaji Hakeem Salawudeen, her husband before killing him, using her hired killer.
Her words: “My husband of 17 years was a good man who took care my needs and that of our three children”. “He didn’t offend me, I was just mad at him and after having sex with him, I took a pillow and covered his month and Oladapo Dolapo, the guy I hired for the job stabbed him to death”, she lamented. Olafimihan Adeoye, Osun state police commissioner, while parading the suspects said the incident occurred on May 27, 2017.
But, the woman said the deceased did nothing to her to warrant the killing, saying that though she regretted her action, it was just her desire to kill the husband. Dolapo, the 24-year-old suspected killer also explained that the woman enticed him with promises of a befitting accommodation and other largesse to punish her husband by killing him.
The Osun police chief further explained that one Engr. Salawudeen Adesina Jimoh of No 3, Engr.
Adesina Salawu Street, Osogbo reported the incident on May 12, 2017 to the police. “Engr Jimoh told the police that on that fateful day at about 3:00am, two unknown persons entered his brother’s house at No 11, Adeniran Street, Alleluyah Estate, Osogbo and stabbed him to death with knife and nothing was carted away”.
Based on the report, police directives and other officers on patrol visited the scene of the incident where inscriptions: “No Price No Pay, Aye Axe And Forgiveness Is A Sin” were found on the wall of the house of the deceased. Adeoye said the police arrested Dolapo first and when quizzed confessed that he was hired by the wife of the deceased to kill the husband with promises of a better life.
However, investigations by the police revealed that Omotayo participated actively in the killing of her husband, even as the police chief assured that the case could be charged to court, soon. Meanwhile, one Friday Augustine (28), Ojo Tifase (19) and Augustine Adepegba (60), suspected to be robbers were also paraded yesterday before newsmen.
Two unregistered Bajaj motorcycles, one single cut to size barrel, damaged local made pistol, four empty sell of AK 47 ammunition and one cutlass were some of the items recovered from the suspects.
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello