Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has revealed the only condition that can stop him from contesting the 2019 Presidential election.
According to him, if President Muhammadu Buhari decides to re-contest, then he (Saraki) will not contest.
He said this yesterday on a weekly Hausa Programme aired on Alheri Radio, Kaduna.
The Senate President’s Chief of Staff, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, who made Saraki’s position known, said: “There is no way Senator Bukola Saraki will contest for president in 2019 as long as President Buhari will contest.”
“This I know very well because I work with him and I should know that.
“But if President Buhari says he will not re-contest the position, that is a different case.
“The Senate President will not contest against President Buhari because he sees and respected him as a father.
“The same thing happened in 2011 and 2015 if you remember. Saraki declined to contest against him; instead, he joined others to work for the success of the President in the 2015 elections.” he said.
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted