Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has revealed the only condition that can stop him from contesting the 2019 Presidential election.
According to him, if President Muhammadu Buhari decides to re-contest, then he (Saraki) will not contest.
He said this yesterday on a weekly Hausa Programme aired on Alheri Radio, Kaduna.
The Senate President’s Chief of Staff, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, who made Saraki’s position known, said: “There is no way Senator Bukola Saraki will contest for president in 2019 as long as President Buhari will contest.”
“This I know very well because I work with him and I should know that.
“But if President Buhari says he will not re-contest the position, that is a different case.
“The Senate President will not contest against President Buhari because he sees and respected him as a father.
“The same thing happened in 2011 and 2015 if you remember. Saraki declined to contest against him; instead, he joined others to work for the success of the President in the 2015 elections.” he said.
- Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says Lagos needs N1 Trillion to reconstruct properties damaged
- 5 days after it happened, Presidency finally addresses Lekki shootings
- Lagos Attacks: Akeredolu says ‘there is an agenda beyond #EndSARS’
- Curfew in Lagos now from 8pm to 6am says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties