Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu sani, has reacted to comments by his state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, which Hebrew allegedly said former president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua tried him and ended up in the grave.
In a video which showed up online yesterday, Sept. 17, the Kaduna State Governor boasted that one president tried him and ended up in a grave, while another did the same and was thrown out of office.
Reactions have trailed the video, and Sani believes that President Muhammadu Buhari should investigate Yar’Adua’s death.
“With new facts emerging about Yar’adua’s death, President Buhari should open a new investigation into what actually happened to the late President.
“The hitherto belief was that his death was as a result of a natural, terminal illness, recent revelations has proved otherwise.
“We must clear this fog of history; what killed President Umaru Yar’adua and Who Killed Killed Umaru Yar’adua?” Sani said.
The former president finally gave up a long fight against an illness which remains unclear till this day, on May 5, 2010.
Yar’Adua’s health was shrouded in so much secrecy at the time, with his handlers accused of greedily hanging on to power.
After much pressure, his vice, Goodluck Jonathan took over the reins before Yar’Adua’s death weeks later.
NewsWire NGR went to great lengths to confirm from El-Rufai’s team, in the hope of obtaining an official explanation to what many have labelled a crass statement from a senior government official, but all efforts proved abortive.
See the video below.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists