Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governors from Six states in northern Nigeria led by the Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum, Kashim Shettima, today, Monday, paid a solidarity visit to Abia State as a result of clashes between the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, and the Nigerian Army, Channels Tv reports.
Among the northern governors that made the visit are Simon Lalong of Plateau State, Abubakar Sani of Niger State, and Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State.
Others are Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State and Governor Atiku Bello of Kebbi State.
They are currently in a meeting with Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu.
Governors of the South East had hinted about the visit in their resolutions of Friday, which included the ban on the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra.
“We are in touch with the Northern Governors Forum and they have assured us of the safety of all our people living in the North and we have also planned for the exchange of visits between the governors. This is to reinforce the confidence of Nigerians in this regard,” one of their resolutions read.
The resolutions had been made during a five-hour meeting the South-East governors held at the Government House in Enugu over the increased tension in the South East and North which was fuelled by the activities of IPOB. and fears of attacks and counter-attacks on non-indigenes in both regions.
Rumours of attacks on non-indigenes in the South East had led to fears of counter-attacks on non-indigenes in the north.
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud
- Plateau State Chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom has not received any financial assistance from FG – Gov Udom Emmanuel
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases
- Ondo State Governor’s wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, aide test positive for COVID-19
- NUJ wants Ondo Governor to declare 14 days lockdown
- Nigeria’s debt portfolio of has risen to N28.63tn