Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governors from Six states in northern Nigeria led by the Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum, Kashim Shettima, today, Monday, paid a solidarity visit to Abia State as a result of clashes between the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, and the Nigerian Army, Channels Tv reports.
Among the northern governors that made the visit are Simon Lalong of Plateau State, Abubakar Sani of Niger State, and Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State.
Others are Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State and Governor Atiku Bello of Kebbi State.
They are currently in a meeting with Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu.
Governors of the South East had hinted about the visit in their resolutions of Friday, which included the ban on the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra.
“We are in touch with the Northern Governors Forum and they have assured us of the safety of all our people living in the North and we have also planned for the exchange of visits between the governors. This is to reinforce the confidence of Nigerians in this regard,” one of their resolutions read.
The resolutions had been made during a five-hour meeting the South-East governors held at the Government House in Enugu over the increased tension in the South East and North which was fuelled by the activities of IPOB. and fears of attacks and counter-attacks on non-indigenes in both regions.
Rumours of attacks on non-indigenes in the South East had led to fears of counter-attacks on non-indigenes in the north.
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed