Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffery Onyeama, has said that the country will be seeking the help of member states of the United Nations, UN, in combating terror, human rights issues and the return of stolen funds. at the UN’s General Assembly holding in New York next week.
“A major global challenge, of course, is the issue of terrorism, and for us of course, that is also a big priority. It is one of the priorities Mr. President has identified and the country is fully engaged in addressing.
“We will again be engaging with the international community in trying to find a definitive and lasting solution to the global challenge of terrorism, we will share with the international community, the challenges we’ve been facing and the successes, and the extra support that we need in our engagement with the scourge of terrorism, and also support in freeing all the hostages held by the terrorist group here in Nigeria.
“The Chibok girls and all the others, that’s still a priority for this government.
“Another issue will be the question of illicit flow of financial assets around the world,” Onyeama said.
The minister also said President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to lead the Nigerian delegation to the assembly.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?