Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has been scheduled to address the 72nd session of the United Nations General Assembly in the United States on Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
The President of Nigeria is listed as number seven on the provincial list of speakers.
Buhari is expected to speak after the leaders of Brazil, the United States, Guinea, Switzerland, Jordan and Slovakia.
Since his return to Nigeria on August 20, 2017, after 103 days of medical leave in London, Buhari has not attended any public event outside of Aso Villa and his country home in Daura, Katsina State.
Also, he has attended only one Federal Executive Council meeting since he returned three weeks ago.
Acting on the President’s instruction, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo recently visited flood-ravaged Benue State where thousands have been displaced.
Osinbajo, while representing the President, has also received members of the United States Congress as well as the United Kingdom Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs and his team at the Villa.
The Vice-President has also presided over every economic meeting including the 15th Annual meeting of the Board of Governors of ECOWAS Bank Investment and the National Industrial Council Meeting which had in attendance Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, and many other captains of industry.
However, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, confirmed to our correspondent on the telephone that Buhari would attend the UN General Assembly.
Shehu said, “I cannot tell you the time he will be going because it can change but I know he is expected to be the eighth speaker at the UN. So, he will be there and he will speak.”
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment
- Nigeria’s monthly oil revenue crashes by 75% – NNPC Report
- PHOTOS: NFF unveils new kit for Super Eagles and Falcons
- Health Workers call off 7 day strike
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020