Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari may effect a cabinet reshuffle at Wednesday’s federal executive council meeting.
The expected development would see some ministers booted out of the federal cabinet.
This may not be unconnected with the recent declaration by the Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Senator Aisha Alhassan (Mama Taraba) that her loyalty lies with her “godfather” and former vice president, Atiku Abubakar.
Atiku, who recently said he was sidelined by the party after the 2015 general elections, said Alhassan’s declaration “couldn’t have been said any better”.
Atiku insisted that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is a coalition and that appointees have the right to keep their allegiance with whosoever they please.
Atiku, recently elevated to the Waziri of Adamawa, disclosed that even other Ministers in the cabinet have different views and opinions as regard the 2019 presidential election.
But indications emerged at the weekend that Buhari may strike back in a few days.
Although the president was said to have been contemplating a rejig of his cabinet, the “outright sack of ministers was in doubt”, a reliable source told our correspondent.
“You know PMB has not really been in the country this year; he might have reshuffled before now. But recent episodes have raised the question of how much appointees are committed to their job.
“But with the declaration by Mama Taraba, the president is likely to remove those he feels have underperformed as well as those who are not loyal.
“It is not really a hard task for him. He appointed all the security heads, so all he needs to do is give directive for reports of movements, meetings and calls made by his appointees”.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid