Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has said it is happy to see President Muhammadu Buhari contest the 2019 election, it believes he will be defeated.
National Publicity Secretary of the National Caretaker Committee of the party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, said this in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH.
“We will defeat him because he has nothing to show. PDP will challenge him and his party in the election and the PDP will win on the account that he has not performed.
“The records are there for all to see. What would they use to campaign to Nigerians? Where are the projects? Nothing,” Adeyeye said.
After 16 years at the helm, the PDP finally lost its Aso Villa seat to Buhari on his fourth straight attempt spanning 12 years.
Buhari defeated incumbent president Jonathan by a little above two million votes, with he latter calling to concede even before collation was concluded.
Whether the PDP stands a chance in 2019 still remains to be seen, but Buhari has not done much to help his own chances. At least this is the major feeling of Nigerians.
His campaign promises have scarcely been met and where they have been, they have been shrouded with uncertainty.
The man himself has not declared his intention to run, but as far as Nigerian elections go, no incumbent has ever refused the chance to run again.
Buhari will have supporters know he is a converted democrat yet his antecedents have lent much credence to that claim.
- Tinubu describes Obaseki as an errant, ill disciplined governor and a dictator, who has been contemptuous of the people of Edo state
- Breaking: European Union lifts travel restrictions
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Naira Marley irritates the hypocrisy in all of us
- Buhari signs amended Companies Allied Matters bill
- Lai Mohammed says the hate speech N5 million fine is to deter those willing to destabilise Nigeria
- DG of the Progressive Governors forum says party is losing electoral value
- Just In: NUPENG orders tanker drivers to Suspend services in Lagos
- Candidate of the APC in Edo State, Ize-Iyamu says he does not want to go to Jail
- Former Nassarawa SSG cleared of all allegations of financial misappropriation
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion