Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has said it is happy to see President Muhammadu Buhari contest the 2019 election, it believes he will be defeated.
National Publicity Secretary of the National Caretaker Committee of the party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, said this in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH.
“We will defeat him because he has nothing to show. PDP will challenge him and his party in the election and the PDP will win on the account that he has not performed.
“The records are there for all to see. What would they use to campaign to Nigerians? Where are the projects? Nothing,” Adeyeye said.
After 16 years at the helm, the PDP finally lost its Aso Villa seat to Buhari on his fourth straight attempt spanning 12 years.
Buhari defeated incumbent president Jonathan by a little above two million votes, with he latter calling to concede even before collation was concluded.
Whether the PDP stands a chance in 2019 still remains to be seen, but Buhari has not done much to help his own chances. At least this is the major feeling of Nigerians.
His campaign promises have scarcely been met and where they have been, they have been shrouded with uncertainty.
The man himself has not declared his intention to run, but as far as Nigerian elections go, no incumbent has ever refused the chance to run again.
Buhari will have supporters know he is a converted democrat yet his antecedents have lent much credence to that claim.
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi