Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has said it is happy to see President Muhammadu Buhari contest the 2019 election, it believes he will be defeated.
National Publicity Secretary of the National Caretaker Committee of the party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, said this in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH.
“We will defeat him because he has nothing to show. PDP will challenge him and his party in the election and the PDP will win on the account that he has not performed.
“The records are there for all to see. What would they use to campaign to Nigerians? Where are the projects? Nothing,” Adeyeye said.
After 16 years at the helm, the PDP finally lost its Aso Villa seat to Buhari on his fourth straight attempt spanning 12 years.
Buhari defeated incumbent president Jonathan by a little above two million votes, with he latter calling to concede even before collation was concluded.
Whether the PDP stands a chance in 2019 still remains to be seen, but Buhari has not done much to help his own chances. At least this is the major feeling of Nigerians.
His campaign promises have scarcely been met and where they have been, they have been shrouded with uncertainty.
The man himself has not declared his intention to run, but as far as Nigerian elections go, no incumbent has ever refused the chance to run again.
Buhari will have supporters know he is a converted democrat yet his antecedents have lent much credence to that claim.
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government