Estimated Reading Time: <1
South Africa’s President, Jacob Zuma has blamed witchcraft for his party’s failure to beat the opposition Democratic Alliance (DA) in its Western Cape stronghold,
According to the Sowetan Live, ‘In the last elections I was satisfied that we were taking the Western Cape‚ I even said so. What went wrong? I too can’t tell you. I don’t know‚ [maybe] it’s because of witchcraft, witches practice their craft in different ways” the news site quotes President Zuma as saying that ghosts might even been voting to keep the DA in power.
During the speech made in both isiZulu and isiXhosa languages, the president continues to say, ‘I don’t know where they get the luck to win here because people in the majority are not living comfortably. Maybe even ghosts are voting’.
President Zuma also accused his opponents of ‘using large sums of money‚ buying people’.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’