Estimated Reading Time: <1
South Africa’s President, Jacob Zuma has blamed witchcraft for his party’s failure to beat the opposition Democratic Alliance (DA) in its Western Cape stronghold,
According to the Sowetan Live, ‘In the last elections I was satisfied that we were taking the Western Cape‚ I even said so. What went wrong? I too can’t tell you. I don’t know‚ [maybe] it’s because of witchcraft, witches practice their craft in different ways” the news site quotes President Zuma as saying that ghosts might even been voting to keep the DA in power.
During the speech made in both isiZulu and isiXhosa languages, the president continues to say, ‘I don’t know where they get the luck to win here because people in the majority are not living comfortably. Maybe even ghosts are voting’.
President Zuma also accused his opponents of ‘using large sums of money‚ buying people’.
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu
- Insecurity: PDP Governors to meet in Oyo State