Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Plateau state Police Command has apprehended the runaway ritual killer suspect in Rivers state, Ifeanyi Dike.
Recall that twenty-three year old undergraduate of the University of Port Harcourt, Ifeanyi Dike killed eight-year-old Victory Chikamso Mezu and removed her body parts for ritual.
He escaped from the custody of the State CID in Port Harcourt after being paraded at the Police Headquarters.
A policeman, Sergeant Johnbosco Okorinize is in prison custody for the escape.
There is serious jubilation at the Rivers State police headquarters when the state CID commander broke the news few minutes ago.
It was learnt that Dike, who was caught by a local vigilante in Eliozu axis of Port Harcourt and handed over to the police, escaped Sunday night.
Police begun manhunt for the fleeing suspect immediately his escape was made known and Sergent accused of aiding his escape dismissed.
It will be recalled that Dike had removed the eyes, vagina, a finger, and tongue of his victim before he was apprehended.
The Rivers State Police Command has dismissed a police sergeant, Johnbosco Okoroeze, for allegedly aiding the escape of a suspected ritual killer, Ifeanyi Dike, from the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Port Harcourt.
Okoroeze, who was also arraigned by the police before a chief magistrate’s court on two counts bordering on obstruction of justice and conspiracy, was remanded in custody for the alleged offences.
Though the charges were not read to the accused, the Chief Magistrate, Sokari Andrew-Jaja, cautioned him as he cried uncontrollably inside the court before his case was mentioned.
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law
- Social Media Bill and Hate Speech Bill – Drop Them Now!