Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has asked Nigerians not to take the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) by its word.
Dayo Adeyeye, national publicity secretary of PDP, said this in a statement on Sunday.
Adeyeye said the APC had nothing more to offer Nigerians, and that the party only “relies on unbridled propaganda as a ploy to deceive Nigerians”.
He also said it was amusing for the APC to claim the party was opposed to restructuring country.
According to him, the commitment of the PDP to restructuring the country is obvious in the 2014 national conference called by former President Goodluck Jonathan, of which recommendations were made for an amendment of the constitution.
He said the APC was absent at the conference and had refused to implement the recommendations from the exercise.
Adeyeye said the new interest of the APC in restructuring was a plan to hoodwink Nigerians ahead of the 2019 elections, because “restructuring was never a part of the party’s 2015 campaign promises”.
He added that the interest of the PDP is “support for the restructuring of the system of governance in the country to ensure more functional and efficient governance at all tiers of government”.
- Nigerian Airforce arrests officers in a viral video flogging Osun residents
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Emerges WTO DG
- Just In: Civil defence sacks officer for looting COVID-19 palliatives
- WAEC announces new date to release result
- Media sanction over #EndSARS coverage is draconian – Group writes NBC DG
- Just In: Amnesty release a new timeline investigating the Toll Gate massacre #EndSARS
- I will sign executive order to recover looted property – Adamawa Governor
- Lagos State Government says there’s nothing wrong in asking the military to intervene
- I was detained for 47 days by SARS; man narrates as Judicial panel of inquiry begins sitting in Lagos
- Nigerian Army says Lagos state government invited it to intervene in #EndSARS protest