Estimated Reading Time: <1
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has approved the appointment of 19 judges for the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.
In a statement on Tuesday, Soji Oye, spokesman of the national judicial council (NJC), said Walter Onnoghen, chief justice of Nigeria (CJN), would swear them in on Friday.
“They will be sworn in by the honourable, the chief justice of Nigeria and chairman, national judicial council, Hon. Justice W. S. N. Onnoghen, GCON, on Friday, 14th July, 2017, by 3pm at the Supreme Court of Nigeria,” the statement read.
Targema John Iorngee (Benue)
Namtari Mahmood Abba (Adamawa)
Nweneka Gerald Ikechi (Rivers)
Kado Sanusi (Katsina)
Adeniyi Sinmisola Oluyinka (Ogun)
Abiola Adunola Adewemimo (Osun)
Opeloye Ogunbowale A (Lagos)
Essien Isaac Jeremiah (Akwa-Ibom)
Elizabeth Ama Oji (Ebonyi)
Arowosegbe Olukayode Ojo (Ondo)
Ogbuanya Nelson S. Chukwudi (Enugu)
Bashir Zaynab Mohammed (Niger)
Galadima Ibrahim Suleiman (Nasarawa)
Bassi Paul Ahmed (Borno)
Danjidda Salisu Hamisu (Kano)
Hamman Idi Polycarp (Taraba)
Damulak Kiyersohot Dashe (Plateau)
Alkali Bashar Attahiru (Sokoto)
Mustapha Tijjani (Jigawa)
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council