Estimated Reading Time: <1
About 25 herdsmen suspected to be robbers and kidnappers have been apprehended by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Kogi Police Command.
They are reported to be those robbing and kidnapping people in Osara-Lokoja Expressway, disguising as herdsmen, the Commissioner of Police, Wilson Inalegwu, said.
Inalegwu commended the Commander of SARS, Bimbo Oyewole and his operatives, who stormed the hideout of the Fulani herdsmen at Itobe and Adogo axis of Ajaokuta Local Government Area.
The suspects, NAN reports, had June 3, 2017 attacked a passenger bus along the Osara-Lokoja and took some of the female passengers to their hideout in the bush.
They rapped the female passengers and also collected N500,000 as ransom.
They kidnapped and robbed another set of bus passengers along the Kabba-Shoko road and held the passengers for three days, collected N1 million as ransom and raped the female victims.
Inalegwu further revealed that the Fulani kidnappers and robbers masquerading as herdsmen also abducted a man in Okene. They took the sum of N400,000 from the victim and held him for seven days before he was released.
- Justice Akon Ikpeme has been confirmed as Cross River State Chief Judge
- Nigeria has recorded its worst rating on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index
- Members of host communities broke into a fight at PIB public hearing
- Fact Check: Photo shared as evidence of Nigerian Army’s attack in Orlu is false
- Getting pregnant out of wedlock is embarrassing to the Police Force – Police PRO
- COVID-19: Federal Government cannot force anyone to take the vaccine – Sultan of Sokoto
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike