Estimated Reading Time: <1
About 25 herdsmen suspected to be robbers and kidnappers have been apprehended by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Kogi Police Command.
They are reported to be those robbing and kidnapping people in Osara-Lokoja Expressway, disguising as herdsmen, the Commissioner of Police, Wilson Inalegwu, said.
Inalegwu commended the Commander of SARS, Bimbo Oyewole and his operatives, who stormed the hideout of the Fulani herdsmen at Itobe and Adogo axis of Ajaokuta Local Government Area.
The suspects, NAN reports, had June 3, 2017 attacked a passenger bus along the Osara-Lokoja and took some of the female passengers to their hideout in the bush.
They rapped the female passengers and also collected N500,000 as ransom.
They kidnapped and robbed another set of bus passengers along the Kabba-Shoko road and held the passengers for three days, collected N1 million as ransom and raped the female victims.
Inalegwu further revealed that the Fulani kidnappers and robbers masquerading as herdsmen also abducted a man in Okene. They took the sum of N400,000 from the victim and held him for seven days before he was released.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English