Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chairman of the Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debt, Senator Shehu Sani (APC, Kaduna Central), yesterday tongue-lashed the Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir el-Rufai, saying he should forget his purported presidential ambition and concentrate on governance.
Reacting to a report on alleged corruption and nepotism under El-rufai, Sani alleged that Kaduna State was being run like a personal family and friends’ estate.
He said there was no meaningful physical achievement other than sponsored media propaganda.
“I call on El-rufai to suspend his presidential or vice presidential ambitions and concentrate on proper governance of the state,” the senator said, in a statement by his Adviser on Politics and Ideology, Suleiman Ahmed.
He said there was nothing progressive about many people who claimed to be ‘Buharists’, saying; “they are reactionaries and career opportunists who can fit into any government in power.”
He said: “It’s hypocritical to promise Nigerians change and end up only putting change in our pockets. El-rufai wants to be seen as an apostle of Buhari’s change but he is actually the Judas of change, “he said.
He also chided the Kaduna governor for sacking traditional rulers, saying it was lamentable that El-Rufai could say there was no money to pay the traditional rulers he recently sacked but had money to dispense for contracts to family, friends and political cronies.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists