Estimated Reading Time: <1
At least two people were feared killed today as gunmen attacked the Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye.
The attack occurred in front of the state polytechnic in Lokoja, the Kogi State capital.
Melaye had stopped in front of the institution and was addressing his supporters, including some students of the school over the political crisis in the senatorial district when the gunmen arrived and opened fire.
The gunmen emerged from the NATACO end of the road and caused chaos when they started shooting indiscriminately.
Motorists and market women along the Lokoja-Abuja highway also scampered for safety after hearing the gunshots.
The shooting continued for a while before more security operatives arrived at the scene.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown