Estimated Reading Time: <1
Osun State House of Assembly under the leadership of the Speaker, Honouirable Najeem Salaam has passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N146,632,746,980.
The passage of the budget followed a motion by the Chairman, House Committee on Finance and Appropriation, Kamil Oyedele after the report of the committee on the consideration of the budget was considered and adopted at the Committee of Supply.
According to a statement by the Chairman, House Committee on Information and Strategy, Olatunbosun Oyintiloye, the budget, as approved has recurrent expenditure of N76,315,496,240, while capital expenditure is N70,317,250,740.
The Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, had on December 21, 2016 presented a budget of N138.2 billion before the parliament for consideration. The budget was jacked up by the parliament in the course of its consideration.
Explaining the reason for the delay in the passage of the budget, Salaam said, it was delayed due to the method adopted by the parliament, called Executive Budget Session to further look deeper into the budget and make it more realistic.
He said, it was part of the strategy of the legislature to scrutinize the budget agency by agency to ensure that they generate enough revenue for the implementation of the budget.
According to him, after assent to the budget by the governor, the executive can swing into action and start the implementation of the budget in line with its contents and expectations of the people of the state.
The speaker said that the parliament would follow the implementation of the budget and monitor it to the letter to ensure that the purpose of delaying it is well served.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?