Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kano State House of Assembly has suspended indefinitely the investigation of the Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll, the Speaker of the house, Alhaji Kabiru Alhassan Rurum has said.
Speaking to Daily Trust on phone, Rurum said the decision to stop the investigation followed a letter from the state Governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, who pleaded with the lawmakers to suspend the probe.
Rurum explained that the the state lawmakers deliberated on the letter and agreed to stop the investigation of the emir.
He said 34 out of the 40 members of the house attended the sitting and they had all voted in support of stopping the investigation.
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains
- Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman retains UFC Belt in dominant win over Masvidal
- Presidential Panel Names Pastor used by former acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu in allegedly Laundering funds
- Interest in N550 billion recovered funds by the EFCC under Ibrahim Magu “has been re-looted” – Presidential Panel