Estimated Reading Time:
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has described as unnecessary, the call for President Muhammadu Buhari’s resignation by Aisha Yesufu, Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) co-convener.
Yesufu had said Buhari, who’s battling health issues, should step down as he could no longer discharge his duty as president.
“Things are stagnating in Nigeria, for crying out loud, the president is sick, the president is not capable of discharging his duty as president, why can’t he resign,” she had said.
Reacting in a statement issued by Muhammad Ibrahim Biu, its national publicity secretary, ACF advised Nigerians to pray for the president rather than call for his resignation.
“Nigeria is practising a presidential system of government as contained in the 1999 constitution (as amended). President Buhari has done what is constitutionally required of him to do by his letter to the leadership of the National Assembly,” said the forum.
“The Vice President is now Acting President, performing the duties of Mr. President.
“In other countries, when their President fall sick or become incapacitated while in office, the citizens encourage him through prayers and good wishes, rather than intimidation or calling for his resignation.
“We can draw a lesson from such countries and wish President Buhari well for the progress of our country.
“The call by Aisha Yusuf co-convener of BBOG for President Buhari to resign is therefore unnecessary, misplaced and not in tune with the provisions of our 1999 constitution.”
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Arewa Consultative Forum Come For Aisha Yesufu For Asking Buhari To Resign and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt