Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan has paid tribute to his former boss, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.
Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Nigeria’s ex-President, has described his former boss and predecessor, the late former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as a great gift to the nation and people of Nigeria.
He made the comment on Friday on his Facebook page, to mark the seventh year commemoration of Yar’Adua’s death.
He further described the former president who died barely two years into his administration as a peacemaker who brought peace to the Niger Delta.
Jonathan said: “Seven years ago you left this world leaving behind a legacy of detribalized leadership and a soil that was fertile enough to grow trees whose shade you would never enjoy.
“As a peacemaker, you helped bring peace to the Niger Delta and that singular act brought manifold benefits to Nigeria. As a democrat, you promoted due process in government and equity in public administration. Umar Musa Yar’adua, a friend and brother, a great gift to the nation and people of Nigeria. Seven years gone but never forgotten.
“May you Rest In Peace even as we hope and believe that you made al-Jannah Firdaus. Miyetti Allah for the life of service you lived and may Almighty God care for the family you left behind. GEJ”
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House
- Olusegun Obasanjo wants Buhari to restrain the military from killing #EndSARS protesters
- Prof Wole Soyinka says Buhari acted in an “authoritarian manner” by deploying soldiers on #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian civil society situation Room “alarmed by the brutal, despicable killing of #EndSARS protesters”
- Just In: European Union wants justice for #EndSars protesters killed