Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ali Modu Sheriff, national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says his party will pay better salaries to workers if they win the 2019 presidential election.
In a statement on Monday, Sheriff said though the PDP understood the difficulties the workers were going through, government could only be changed by the ballot.
He explained that the PDP is looking forward to partnering with labour for a better welfare of workers.
“When we take over power, we shall address minimum wage that will ensure workers’ pay will not only take them home, but will be able to also cater for the families and pay school fees,” the statement signed by Cairo Ojougboh, Sheriff’s deputy, read.
“We understand the difficulties the nation is going through at the moment, but a government can only be changed through the ballots.
“2019 will be another opportunity to change power; then, the workers will know what it means to have PDP back in power.”
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila
- Governor Masari resumes lockdown in Katsina after Eid el-Fitr Celebration
- 28 COVID-19 testing centres now 28 across Nigeria, Katsina and Ogun get labs – NCDC